[LLVMdev] TargetDescription string documentation

Paulo J. Matos pocmatos at gmail.com
Thu May 27 11:02:58 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to find out where the complete documentation for the
TargetDescription string documentation is.
I am reading the tutorial and looking at the sparc backend at the same
time and there are some discrepancies. Therefore the documentation
would be extremely valuable but I can't seem to find it.

In the tutorial it shows the string "E-p:32:32-f128:128:128",
but the real sparc backend has
"E-p:32:32:32-i16:16:16-f32:32:32-f128:64:64-n32".

The tutorial doesn't explain what the 'n' stands for, or why 'f' shows
up twice (I can guess the first might be for floats and the second for
doubles, but the tutorial has a different story about doubles.

Here's where I am reading it from:
http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.html

I would be grateful for any explanation or pointers to documentation.

Cheers,
--
PMatos