[LLVMdev] Win32 COFF Support

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:20:47 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Nathan Jeffords
<blunted2night at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi all,
> Here is the latest revision of my Win32 COFF Support patch. This version
> includes changes based on Eli's feedback, and an implementation of weak
> reference symbols (COFF weak externals). If there is nothing major wrong
> with it, I would like to commit it.
> I can understand the lack of automated regression testing being one of those
> reasons. If so, can I have some guidance on how to approach that. Aaron
> had suggested using a object file dumping utility to generate a
> text representation and then diffing that against the expected output. I
> think that is a good idea but don't know where to put this utility, and I
> have no experience with the automated testing system currently in use.

Essentially, the idea is to write something like
test/Scripts/macho-dump (a primitive object dumper), call it from
tests to get a textual representation, and check that you get what you
expect.  Look at the tests in test/MC/MachO for example tests;
hopefully, it's relatively intuitive.

-Eli