[LLVMdev] when compiling the IR api codes, "g++ internal error" occurred.

홍도선 dshong at sdgroup.snu.ac.kr
Tue May 18 00:38:22 PDT 2010

Hello~!

I’m beginner about LLVM.

My purpose is inserting a function call to basic block, which is composed
of IR codes.

For this, I did following works.

1) Generate bytecodes from c++ codes

2) Generate the C++ codes, composed of LLVM APIs.

 $ llc -march=cpp main.bc -o=main_irgen.cpp

3) Insert function call APIs to the generated C++ codes from step 2)

4) Compile the functional call inserted codes.

 $ g++ -O2 main_irgen.cpp `llvm-config --cxxflags --ldflags --libs core` -o
main_irgen.cpp

 -> In this step, an error occurred. The messages are as follows

    g++: Internal error: segmentation fault (program cc1plus)

When the generated “main_irgen.cpp” file had 3000~4000 code lines, no
error occurred. But, the file had over 30000 code lines, internal error
occurred.

It was likely that the memory was lacking. But the computer memory is 4G.

If you know, give me the way to solve or solution.

Thank’U.