[LLVMdev] Can the structure, having few integers and 'opaque', be manipulated upon?

Yuri yuri at tsoft.com
Mon May 10 04:20:43 PDT 2010

{ i32, i32, opaque }

When I try running through JIT the code, incrementing the field in such
structure, I am getting an assert:
Assertion failed: (Ty->isSized() && "`!"), function getAlignment, file
/tmp/llvm-build/2.7/llvm/lib/Target/TargetData.cpp, line 498.

I understand that C/C++ can't possibly produce such structure due to
their language limitations. But llvm is supposed to be more generic.
There should be no problem manipulating such structure, since opaque is
only in the end.

llvm-2.7

Yuri