[LLVMdev] Auto-Vectorization in LLVM

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Thu May 6 01:40:46 PDT 2010

On 6 May 2010 05:34, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
> On May 5, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Rajkishore Barik wrote:
>> I would also like to know if there is any progress/future plans to
>> include this
>> in the main trunk?
>
> Unfortunately, nothing came of this project AFAIK, maybe Devang knows more.

I looked for it and couldn't find any, too. I found some
alias/dependency analysis inside loops, but nothing actively trying to
merge instructions.

WRT progress/plans, there is the Poly project
(http://wiki.llvm.org/Polyhedral_optimization_framework) that is an
external representation to LLVM and could make much easier to map
dependencies and leave the road open for auto-vec, but again, nothing
on that direction has been done, too. Tobias and Ether should know
more on that.

cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at