[LLVMdev] Unreachable code executed crash

Nick Lewycky nicholas at mxc.ca
Wed May 5 23:38:21 PDT 2010

Adarsh Yoga wrote:
> Yes. Intially the pass was crashing when the module when the module
> verifier was running. I was able to solve that and now it is crashing
> when the bit writer pass is running.

The output is wrong in @thread_pool_init:

<stdin>:44:27: error: '%4' defined with type 'i1'
   %5 = getelementptr i32* %4, i64 %indvar         ; <i32*> [#uses=1]
                           ^
where

   %4 = icmp slt i32 %threadnumber, 1              ; <i1> [#uses=2]

meaning that %4 is an i1 not an i32*. I'm not sure how you managed to do
this, and how the verifier didn't catch it. Maybe the %4 operand is
actually an instruction in another function?

I'll try to reproduce this and fix the verifier to catch it.

Nick