[LLVMdev] `make check' failures in r102924

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Mon May 3 13:32:30 PDT 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 1:27 PMPDT, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:
> on 05/03/2010 12:43 PM Dale Johannesen said the following:
>> However, running `make check' produced 6 unexpected failures

>>> I don't understand. These are tests in the LLVM testsuite, not llvm-gcc
>>> tests.
>>
>> Tests in FrontendC and FrontendC++ are tests of llvm-gcc.
> In general, tests in a particular distribution test that distribution
> and not some other.

That's true.  People have suggested moving FrontendC and FrontendC++ into llvm-gcc from time to time, but as far as I know nobody's done anything about it.  It's not clear everyone would approve of that, either; so far the people who think things are fine the way they are (if any) have had little reason to enter the discussion.