[LLVMdev] Idea for Google Summer Code : C Compiler for EFI Byte Code implement in LLVM

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Mar 31 02:18:39 PDT 2010

2010/3/30 Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com>:
> If error out on any sizeof that include a pointer, does it means that no
> issue about pointer size determined at runtime??
>
> Yes, if it is an error, it makes it much more feasible to implement.

I don't see why it should be that difficult.

If sizeof becomes an intrinsic that is called at runtime to determine
the pointer size (probably stored in some global or read from a
configuration register), than the problem is solved. If the types'
sizes change too, this intrinsic could accept a parameter (enum?) with
the type of the type.

cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at