[LLVMdev] summer of code idea — checking bounds overflow bugs

易秋萍 yiqiuping at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 22:59:24 PDT 2010

Hi,

Some days ago I am interested in detecting undefined behaviors

in C programs based on Clang. After several days’ investigation, I think

checking bounds overflow bugs is more interesting, because bounds

overflow is one of the most frequently encountered errors in C programs.

For example, performing pointer arithmetic without checking bounds

can cause bounds overflow. To increase the accuracy of finding bugs,

I want to write several passes, based on slicing, inline and summary
function

/ (partial) transition function, to implement intre-procedural analysis.

Does some person have interest in the project? I need a mentor,

and wait for your reply.

Best Reagards!

Qiuping Yi