[LLVMdev] [repository] Make LLVM repository Git-clonable

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 13:38:52 PDT 2010

Hi,

As a Linux package maintainer I tend to follow LLVM mostly towards the
end of each release cycle; nevertheless, I sometimes need to keep
track of multiple LLVM branches at the same time.

It would be great if I could use Git's SVN to clone the repository
once, and then have the full version history available locally in a
compact format. As a bonus, this will reduce the load on the server
too.

There are LLVM Git mirrors (there's one on GitHub, and I used to have
a personal clone too) but they all track only the trunk directory, for
the following reason:

> git svn clone --no-minimize-url -s http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm llvm
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/inf2/i2staff/salim/checkout/llvm/.git/
RA layer request failed: Server sent unexpected return value (403
Forbidden) in response to REPORT request for
'/svn/llvm-project/!svn/vcc/default' at /usr/lib/git/git-svn line 5047

Any idea if this could be rectified?

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim