[LLVMdev] LLVM on Solaris/Intel?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Mar 20 20:17:14 PDT 2010

Is LLVM supported on Solaris 10/Intel?  I tried building the 2.7 pre-release
today but it failed to build (tried gcc 4.2 and 4.4).  It fails trying to
link in one of the directories. Here's a small part of the make output (it's
huge):

    http://pastebin.com/ZeZQgKqz

I didn't see Solaris/Intel listed as a supported platform and I haven't ever
tried to debug LLVM build problems before, so I thought I would first post a
quick query before getting in over my head.  If you expect LLVM to build in
this environment let me know how my might approach the problem.

Skip Montanaro