[LLVMdev] r98459 break of ExceptionDemo

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 11:20:02 PDT 2010

Hi Chris,

The MCSymbol r98459 patch of llvm seems to have broken the ExceptionDemo example. As the example is dying in the
associated personality's first unwind search phase, which happens to have no language specific context, and is returning
a _URC_CONTINUE_UNWIND, I believe the issue is generic and not specific to the example. However I'm not sure why then
this wasn't seen in one of the test cases. Anyway just wanted to give a heads up as I'm studying this, just in case the problem
is obvious to you. One way to reproduce this in trunk from root is to:

1) set environment var BUILD_EXAMPLES 1

2) svn switch -r 98458 http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk
3) make
4) Debug/examples/ExceptionDemo 2
5) example will complete successfully

6) svn switch -r 98459 http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk
7) make
8) Debug/examples/ExceptionDemo 2
9) example will segv

Sorry I'm late identifying this. I'll keep on trying to isolate it further, though I'm guessing that the sensitivity is in JITDwarfEmitter.

Garrison

PS: Patch ref: http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20100308/097798.html