[LLVMdev] Targeting low level embedded

Christophe Augier christophe.augier at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 00:49:57 PST 2010

>> 2. Does llvm-gcc insert initialization code?  It doesn't look like it,
>> but I may be missing something.
>
> Initialization for what, exactly?  Is your toolchain not capable of
> setting up writable data sections correctly?

I think Tom was referring to the initialization code that copy data sections
 and initialized zero-init variables from rom to ram. Generally this code is
 found as an object file which you can link with your code object file. This
 is not generated code but on the contrary handwritten assembly code.

- Christophe