[LLVMdev] How do I download the "poolalloc" module ?

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 8 07:10:16 PST 2010

Bob Wilson wrote:
> On Mar 6, 2010, at 7:26 AM, Patrick Sathyanathan wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm interested in using the "Data Structure Analysis" that is apparently in the "poolalloc" module according to the documentation on alias analysis in LLVM. I have downloaded and built LLVM 2.6 on MinGW but the sources do not seem to include anything related to pool allocation. I don't think MinGW includes svn. Is there an download location where I can get the module ?
>>

> Hi Patrick,
>
> John Criswell just sent the following yesterday.  Since you've got llvm 2.6, you'll want to get poolalloc from the new branch.

To add to this, DSA is in the poolalloc project as Bob states above.  We
regularly use DSA on Mac OS X and Linux, but I don't know if it will
work on Cygwin.  Chances are good that any problem you encounter will be
something that can be fixed using autoconf (i.e., it will be API
differences between Cygwin and Mac OS/Linux that will be easy to fix).

So, if you can't get DSA compiled for some reason, please email the list
or file a bug report.  Having DSA working on more platforms would be nice.

-- John T.