[LLVMdev] llvm and flushing instruction cache

Shasank Chavan shanko_chavano at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 6 22:34:03 PST 2010

Hi.  I have a very quick question.  Is the instruction cache flushed by the llvm jit before code in memory is written to or executed?  I'm assuming so, but I can't find where in the source code this is happening.  In particular I searched for clflush, invd, and wbinvd instructions, but couldn't find them.  And if it's not necessary to do this, can you please explain why? (I'm assuming the target platform has a separate L1 i-cache).  Thanks.

- Shasank