[LLVMdev] Changes between 2.6 and 2.7: SSA Verifier and visitFreeInst

Jianzhou Zhao jianzhou at seas.upenn.edu
Sat Mar 6 09:13:45 PST 2010

Hi llvm,

1) The lib/VMCore/Verifier.cpp in 2.7 implements Verifier::VerifyType,
which is empty in 2.6. I noticed that it does not check all types,
for example, UnionTyID, OpaqueTyID, LabelTyID, MetadataTyID
and etc are ignored in the 'default' branch. Does it mean we dont
need to check them?

Another question is: How much does Verifier.cpp check statically?
Can I take it as a type checker for SSA? Is there any static
semantics that has not been checked yet?

2) visitFreeInst has been removed from lib/ExecutionEngine/Interpreter in 2.7
Will this have any back-compatible problem when interpreting any
*.bc from 2.6?

Thanks
--
Jianzhou