[LLVMdev] llvm-ld question

Sumesh Udayakumaran sumesh.uk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 09:55:03 PDT 2010

Hi
   I found this question in the archives and i would like to clarify
this a bit. So in the llvm-ld, do unnecessary functions not get added
while linking itself or is it that they get subsequently  dropped with
the help of optimizations.  If it is the later, is it a feasible idea
to have a fast linker that does not even add functions while linking
itself ? If so, any examples of one in llvm world or otherwise?

thanks
Sumesh