[LLVMdev] Adding support to LLVM for data & code layout (neededby GHC)

Mark Lacey 641 at rudkx.com
Thu Jun 17 20:34:01 PDT 2010

The Microsoft COFF format and linker support what they call section
groupings, which are very similar. You can have an object file with a
section like ".text$foo" and another (or the same) with ".text$bar"
and they will be ordered alphabetically in the final image (and merged
into .text, after all of the "regular" .text sections).

This is documented in the Microsoft COFF documentation.

Mark