[LLVMdev] MC to LLVM disassembler?

Nathan Jeffords blunted2night at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 23:56:22 PDT 2010

As an ongoing personal research project, I have something like this. I
actually learned of LLVM as part of some research I was doing on this
project. It is a quite complicated though, each assembly language
instruction expands to a number of SSA instructions, as each flag/register
affected becomes a separate instruction, every register used in the method
has phi functions in every basic block, the initial generation produces much
more code that the original assembly language  which then need to have
certain optimization passes to weed out unneeded effects. reconstructing
local variables from stack usage, and picking out method inputs/outputs that
are real as opposed to just being saved and restored is tricky too.