[LLVMdev] Win32 COFF Support

Bigcheese bigcheesegs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 15:15:23 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Eli Friedman <eli.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Any objections for not accepting the patch into LLVM? If none, I'll
> > apply it after the weekend.
>
> There should minimally be a bare-bones test to make sure that basic
> COFF writer functionality doesn't crash.  Besides that, I don't see
> any issues.

I was looking into writing this test for MC based on the MachO tests,
but llvm-mc cannot read .s files as COFF because it simply lacks
support for it. It tries to read everything as MachO.

I've attached a patch for the test anyway. This includes Nathan's
dump-coff.py script in the proper location for the test. I generated
the .s file with "echo int main(){} | clang -O3 -S -x c -o - -". And
then I generated the CHECK lines by running "echo int main(){} | clang
-O3 -c -x c -o temp.o - && dump-coff temp.o".

- Michael Spencer