[LLVMdev] Congratulations: First-Time SIGPLAN Award to Apple's Chris Lattner for Developing Popular LLVM Infrastructure with Applications in Commercial, Research, Teaching, and Open Source Projects

Adve, Vikram Sadanand vadve at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 9 03:30:40 PDT 2010

My congratulations to Chris as well!  For those who don't follow the ACM world much, SIGPLAN is the primary research organization for PL and Compilers, and I expect this award to become one of the most prestigious awards in the field.  It's quite a coup for Chris and for LLVM to have won it, and moreover to win it in the first year of the award.  And it's remarkable that it has happened less than 7 years after the first LLVM release in October 2003.

--Vikram
Associate Professor, Computer Science
http://llvm.org/~vadve