[LLVMdev] Inserting a function call into bitcode

Nick Lewycky nicholas at mxc.ca
Fri Jun 4 23:04:16 PDT 2010

Nehal Gandhi wrote:
> Hi Nick
>
> I am not quite sure what you meant by verifier. I checked online documents
> and found that there is a function verifyAnalysis() in Pass but it is empty.
> So do you suggest implementing that function? If it is the case, what should
> I look while implementing that function? Or something else altogether?

I'm assuming you have a PassManager PM, in which case it would be
'PM.add(createVerifierPass());' which is equivalent to 'opt -verify
foo.bc'. Please let me know what that turns up; even if it finds no
problems that fact is still useful information.

The webpage is http://llvm.org/docs/Passes.html#verify .

Nick