[LLVMdev] Converting Machine code to LLVM IR

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 29 07:42:59 PDT 2010

subramanyam wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> There are tools to convert machine code to an assembly language.
> Is there any similar tool to convert X86 machine code to LLVM IR?
>
> thanks in advance

There was a Google Summer of Code Project to get Xemu to use LLVM IR.
IIRC, it had pre-constructed IR for each native code instruction that
could be stitched together when performing native code to LLVM IR
translation.

I don't know where to find this project or what came of it.  You can try
searching the LLVM web page for a link to it or searching the llvmdev
archives.

-- John T.