[LLVMdev] Failed to build llvm with gcc 4.3.4 on Solaris x86

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Tue Jul 27 08:28:14 PDT 2010

Hi Joakim,

> ld.so.1: tblgen: fatal: libstdc++.so.6: open failed: No such file or directory

the compiler you are using to build LLVM has linked tblgen with libstdc++.so.6
but libstdc++.so.6 is not in your dynamic library path.  In short, it looks like
your system is set up wrong, and it's not really an LLVM program.  I expect you
to have the same problem if you compile pretty much any C++ program with your
compiler and try to run the resulting program.

Ciao,

Duncan.