[LLVMdev] LLVM and Spec2006

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Tue Jul 20 09:03:37 PDT 2010

-O4 does give good additional performance compared to -O3 with llvm. The additional inlining opportunities and such add up quite a bit. The SPEC2006 runs I've done have all been within the framework of the llvm test suite, the LTO is run directly, rather than via an explicit -O4 option. The test-suite Makefiles themselves are probably the best place to look for the details of how that works if you're interested. SPEC2006 is hooked in via the Externals tests.

-Jim