[LLVMdev] I would like to merge PARSEC into test-suite

Owen Anderson resistor at mac.com
Tue Jul 20 01:30:12 PDT 2010

Patrick,

On Jul 20, 2010, at 1:18 AM, Patrick Simmons wrote:
> It is open-source and redistributable, and I have added LICENSE.TXT
> files to all the pieces I want to merge.  These are blackscholes,
> canneal, dedup, fluidanimate, freqmine, streamcluster, and swaptions.  I
> will disable the tests by default on the initial merge and test
> thoroughly on Linux and MacOS before enabling them.  May I please commit
> my changes directly to test-suite?

I'm not convinced that the PARSEC tests are appropriate for addition the LLVM testsuite, because they are multithreaded tests.  The testsuite needs to be low-volatility in terms of performance variation, as well as easy to verify correctness, and easy for the compiler developers to debug miscompilations.   I don't think PARSEC is a good match on these fronts.

--Owen