[LLVMdev] How to traverse Dominator Tree in pre-order manner

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 19 07:49:56 PDT 2010

Chayan Sarkar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to traverse Dominator tree in pre-order manner?

In previous versions of LLVM, I believe you could get some sort of Node
object from DominatorTree and then use a method to get the children of
the Node (and then use a method of the Node to get the BasicBlock held
in that Node).

However, I don't see such a method in the doxygen documentation for
mainline LLVM.

Does this method still exist?  My own code (written for LLVM 2.6)
traverses the dominator tree top-down as well, and I'll probably need to
port this code to LLVM 2.7 and beyond.

-- John T.