[LLVMdev] Tool for run-time code generation?

David Piepgrass dpiepgrass at mentoreng.com
Fri Jul 16 10:45:26 PDT 2010

> LLVM has a JIT for this purpose. You generate LLVM IR code (a sort of
> generic assembler) and it produces optimized native code ready to be
> executed.
>
> x86-win32 is fine. I don't think so about arm-wince.

What's wrong with running LLVM on ARM? It's supposed to support ARM as a target, and since it's written in C it should theoretically compile for ARM. CMake doesn't support Visual Studio 9 for Smart Devices, so I would probably have to go to quite a bit of trouble to create a project file. Still, if I did so, shouldn't it theoretically work?