[LLVMdev] Debugging docs wrong?

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Jul 14 16:17:02 PDT 2010

On 14 July 2010 18:36, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
> Which blog post are you referring to?  I can update it...

Hi Chris,

Don't worry, the link is correct. It's in the post about metadata,
linking to the pre-2.6 debug infrastructure (and how bad it was). ;)

But after reading the whole new one, I found that both were only too
similar in general appearance and layout. It'd be easy to take one for
the other, especially for someone new to llvm and how it deals with
metadata today.

I was just mentioning that would be goo practice to have some kind of
watermark on all deprecated documents, and maybe even a link to the
newest copy. As you always have the main link to the current one and
make version links to the others, that wouldn't be too hard to do:

http://llvm.org/releases/2.6/docs/SourceLevelDebugging.html

http://llvm.org/docs/SourceLevelDebugging.html

It may look obvious from the URL, but recently browsers are doing
their best to reduce and hide it from less technical eyes. Maybe
whenever you guys move from the main docs to "release/n.m" directory,
you could change the CSS/DHTML to make the adjustments without
re-writing every page.

Like this:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0205f/Chdbfhdc.html

cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at