[LLVMdev] How to get standard Bench Marks

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 7 10:27:54 PDT 2010

Chayan Sarkar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am implementing E-pathPRE in LLVM. The coding part is almost
> complete and till now it worked fine on my test examples. But, I need
> to test with some standard
> bench-marks.
>
>     Can anyone give me any information about standard bench-marks? or
> any other standard for testing my pass. Any help on this regards will
> be appreciated.

The LLVM test suite (available via SVN from
http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/test-suite) contains infrastructure for
performance testing.  It includes several standard benchmarks, and can
also compile some other standard benchmarks (e.g., SPEC 2006) if you
have the source code and provide the source code's pathname when running
the configure script.

More info is available at http://llvm.org/docs/TestingGuide.html.

-- John T.