[LLVMdev] vmkit build problems

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Wed Jul 7 00:27:18 PDT 2010

On 6 Jul 2010, at 22:25, Zoe Wolk wrote:

> If anyone is able to build vmkit and get it to run without a
> segfault (for any
> distro/arch), using mmtk or the default collector/installation (as
> described in the vmkit page or
> Alysson's writeup) using the svn head of llvm and vmkit, please let
> me know.

I had a working installation of VMKit dating from April, running on
MacOS X 10.5. Back then, I worked from the installation instructions
on the VMKit Web site. Today I updated both LLVM and VMKit to the
current svn revisions and recompiled (without touching the
configuration). This fails due to a problem with escape analysis that
you seem to have worked around already.

Unfortunately I am too busy at the moment to pursue this any further!

Konrad.