[LLVMdev] list of LLVM optimization passes

Kenneth Hoste kenneth.hoste at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jul 6 07:49:35 PDT 2010

On Jul 6, 2010, at 10:09 AM, Manuel Llosa wrote:

> Dear Kenneth, May I ask you if you are implementing your search within
> ctuning framework: ctuning.org/ctuning-cc?

No, I'm not. I've built my own framework, and since I don't have any experience with the
ctuning framework, I don't intend to start using that. There's little gain in it for me.

> The thing is that I use it since some time for my thesis to optimize code size and
> compilation time and run time with GCC though they are not using genetic algorithms
> but some slower hybrid of random exploration and than AI with some fronteer detection.
> Since recent version can be working with other compilers then GCC and has some support for LLVM
> so I have thought to improve this support and compare both GCC and LLVM. But if you are extending that
> tool now, I do not want to duplicative work so could you tell me please for how long it can take because I
> can wait for your extensions. I want to compare this multi-objective modes for GCC 4.5 and LLVM 2.7
> for many flags and will want to put experiments in their database for everyone to see if it is works ...

Since it doesn't support LLVM as is, that motivates me even more to stick with my own framework.

Good luck with your experiments, I'd love to see some results when you have them.

greetings,

Kenneth