[LLVMdev] Fail to unroll loop on simple examples.

Pekka Nikander pekka.nikander at nomadiclab.com
Thu Jul 1 12:33:24 PDT 2010

[I am a newcomer to llvm, so don't believe me.]

Hi Claude,

I added -debug to the command line in an attempt to study your example, and got out this:

Loop Unroll: F[main] Loop %bb1
  Loop Size = 4
  Can't unroll; loop not terminated by a conditional branch.

The source code for that is on line 116 (or so) in lib/Transforms/Utils/LoopUnroll.cpp

Based on a quick look at the source code, this looks like a bug in LLVM to me, e.g. perhaps the test is applied on a wrong block?  But more probably I am just missing something.

--Pekka Nikander