[LLVMdev] Adding CFG edges for null pointer exceptions?

James Williams junk at giantblob.com
Sun Jan 31 14:36:49 PST 2010

Hi,

Is it possible to add edges to the CFG from instructions that reference
memory to exception landing pads? I want to do this so that I can convert
SEGV signals into exceptions that can be safely unwound and caught. My
compiler's existing code generator handles this by having a combined memory
dereference and jump on null instruction. LLVM doesn't seem to have anything
similar - I was thinking I might simulate this by adding a new instrinsic
for potentially faulting memory references. Does anyone have any ideas on
this?

Thanks,
-- James