[LLVMdev] Compiling Kaleidoscope on Windows

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 06:47:12 PST 2010

Thanks!

Three of the libraries are not found: LLVMX86Disassembler.lib
LLVMMCParser.lib LLVMInstCombine.lib ... the third one of those sounds
like it might be important, what does it do exactly?

But specifying the rest of them with /MD completes the build with this message
   Creating library toy.lib and object toy.exp
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of
other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

And generates toy.exe; when I run this, and test it by typing 1+2; it
crashes with no error message. Any idea what the problem might be?

(Tried it again with /MDd, and the resulting toy.exe successfully
evaluates 1+2, though crashes as before when I exit with ^Z.)