[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc 4.0 question

Jose Rangel jrangel at arxan.com
Fri Jan 29 14:01:15 PST 2010

Hi,

I am using the llvm-gcc 4.0 front end binaries from llvm.org on an intel
mac running 10.5.8. A couple of questions:

1) these binaries have "darwin8" as part of the file name. Are these
compatible with OS X 10.5.8 aka darwin9?

2) assuming (1) is ok, if I compile a hello world program using: gcc
-arch ppc hello.c, I get a ppc binary, but if I use llvm-gcc -arch ppc
hello.c, I get an i386 binary. Is there a way to tell llvm-gcc 4.0 to
produce a ppc binary? I've tried various options such as -march=ppc (or
powerpc), -mpowerpc, but no luck.

For llvm-gcc 4.2, the -arch ppc flag works.

Thanks,

Jose

Jose Rangel
QA Engineer