[LLVMdev] Distribution in assembler format

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:22:31 PST 2010

I don't think I quite understand this... suppose for example you're
trying to use an LLVM-based toolchain running on an x86 PC to write
code for a device that uses an ARM processor in big endian mode, so
you tell the LLVM code generator "generate code for ARM, big
endian"... are you saying the optimizer will actually assume the
target device is little endian because the development system is
little endian (which would of course break things)?