[LLVMdev] llc generated machine assembly code for NASM

罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) luoyonggang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:29:57 PST 2010

I have one thing not clear to me. If the llvm diect generate object
code. Then how about the llvm assembler processing  llvm code with
inline assembly? Indeed, it's seems now llvm is direct using gas
syntax in the assembly code. And because it's generate .S files, so it
can be manipulated by binutils. But there is one day, no binutils any
further, how to deal with these inline assembly. Generally, there is
two major inline assembly at all, one is vc++ style, and one is gcc
style. Then llvm mc will support which one or both or it's own inline
assembly?