[LLVMdev] Exception handling question

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:13:36 PST 2010

Hi James,

Note that the wiki example is a manual JIT example that works directly with the C++ APIs. As you know, no LLVM tools are used,
just LLVM libraries. I say this to point out, that in the example, the exception mechanism is under the complete control of the
developer moded by the LLVM libraries. In my mind a different example/different doc. would be needed to explain how
a bit code driven JIT exception mechanism works. Sure the semantics and syntax of the unwind mechanism would be the
same, but how/where the dwarf is emitted could be different. I do know that different classes are used to emit dwarf code
for non-JIT projects vs what classes are used in the wiki JIT example. I know you understand this already,  but I just wanted to
make it clear for the readers of this list.

Garrison

PS: I would find if extremely useful, if you would post your results once you've figured out the issues.