[LLVMdev] invoke/unwind

Dustin Laurence dllaurence at dslextreme.com
Wed Jan 13 01:40:30 PST 2010

I put invoke/unwind aside because I couldn't get them to work, but I'm
working on my evaluator now and it would be nice to figure this out so I
don't have to unwind the stack manually.  This was the reason for my
earlier question about global declarations, and as that's cleared up I
can easily pass exception data...if I can make unwind return out of some
deep recursion.

The behavior I get is sort of odd and took a while to
characterize--unwind returns every time if done one level deep in the
same translation unit.  If I try it across translation units, or more
than one call deep, I get a seg fault every time.

I have reduced the problem to a trivial test case which I can post if
there is an obvious "you idiot, everyone knows you have to frob your
gismoids" answer.

Dustin