[LLVMdev] [Help] How can we call an object's virtual function inside IR?

Gyounghwa Kim gyounghwakim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 00:21:30 PST 2010

Dear Duncan,

Thank you very much for your answer.
Actually, I was able to call a C function from LLVM IR, now I try to
call a class member function from inside IR and tried to follow your
instructions.

1. I am trying to create a ConstantInt pointer to the class member function.
2. Covert it to a Function Pointer and call it from IRBuilder.

However, I can't figure out what to pass as the value of the pointer
to the member function.
Could you help me with this?

My code parts are shown below.

using namespace llvm;

class Record
{
        public:
                Record(){value=0;}
                Record(int a){value=a;}
                int getValue(){return value;}
                void setValue(int a){value=a;}
                int addOneToValue(){return value+1;}
        private:
                int value;
};

typedef int (Record::*RecMemFunc)();

int main(int argc, char*args[])
{
        Record *rec= new Record(5);
        int y = rec->addOneToValue();
        printf("Hi y = %d\n", y);

        RecMemFunc rp = &Record::addOneToValue;
        y = (rec->*rp)();
        printf("Hi y = %d\n", y);

        Constant* constInt = ConstantInt::get(Type::Int64Ty, (int64)thePointer);
        Value* constPtr = ConstantExpr::getIntToPtr(constInt,
PointerType::getUnqual(Type::Int32Ty));
        //builder.CreateCall(myFunction, constPtr);
:
:
}

What will be the value to pass in instead of thePointer??????

Thank you very much for your help in advance. :)

- Gyounghwa