[LLVMdev] Exception Implementation Example added to Wiki

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 04:54:45 PST 2010

If the powers at be want this, I could easily transform the source to the LLVM coding standards, and add
the necessary portable UNIX support--someone else would have to add non-UNIX support although the
System library probably helps with this. However I'm guessing the LLVM release flux of the exception system,
along with a lack of universal platform, dwarf JIT support might be a hinderance in such an endeavor. I don't
know what the current platform boundaries are for either JIT or JIT with dwarf emission, but I do know that
the LLVM exception design is being reconsidered for future releases (possibly 2.7?).

Also, as noted in the wiki, please see:

http://code.google.com/p/tart/ and
http://www.incasoftware.de/~kamm/projects/index.php/2008/08/19/exception-handling-in-llvmdc-using-llvm/

for real world implementations. There are many others, as can be seen in the LLVM project page.

Garrison