[LLVMdev] Help adding the Bullet physics sdk benchmark to the LLVM test suite?

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Jan 5 14:13:08 PST 2010

Hello, Erwin

> I suggest working on a better benchmark that tests independent parts of the
> pipeline,
> so we don't accumulate results (several frames) but we test a single
> algorithm at a time,
> with known input and expected output. This avoid unstability and we can
> measure the error of the output.
> Anton, are you interested in working together on such improved benchmark?
This is pretty interesting approach. However, for now I'm more
concerned about code speed, I'm seeing that llvm-generated code is
slower that gcc-generated one on at least two platforms (20% on x86-64
& even more on arm), so, I suspect an optimization deficiency is
somewhere...

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov