[LLVMdev] About LLVM

ambika ambika at cse.iitb.ac.in
Tue Jan 5 10:07:52 PST 2010

Hi all,

I am a new user to LLVM and trying to figure out if this is what I
really want to complete my thesis work.

I want to add a pointer analysis phase to compiler optimization. This
analysis will take profile information into account.
My analysis requires to analyse a single statement at a time and then I
also want to perform some code duplication to finally perform the
optimization.

Finally I would like to compare the results with and without my pass on
benchmark standards.

I was just wondering if I can do all this with LLVM. I have very short
period for my thesis and I have to implement and get the results. So I
will be highly obliged if anyone of you can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Ambika