[LLVMdev] Tail Call Optimisation

Simon Harris haruki.zaemon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:12:55 PST 2010

I'm investigating "improving" the TCO facilities in LLVM to provide for "hard" tail calls. Specifically, this would involve extending the existing implementation to discard the stack frame for the caller before executing the callee. I would then like to extend this further by performing hard tail calls on _all_ returning calls that no longer require the stack frame.

A colleague of mine and I have looked into it and prima facie believe that it's entirely feasible. I wanted to ask the list if there was any interest, any objections, and of course, anything pointers/tips that may prove useful.

Regards
--
Simon Harris
w: http://www.harukizaemon.com/