[LLVMdev] Adding a new instruction?

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 10:16:38 PST 2010

Sorry, forgot to post to list.

For 2.7 I'm wondering if you could use custom metadata attached to the first instruction of a "special" block? You could register a unique kind (not sure how to guarantee uniqueness), and attach a metadata node via the context to the first instruction with this kind. Your pass would look for this. I have never tried this, so I don't know if predecessor passes that your pass would depend on would affect this metadata; if different threads with their own context would see metadata attached via a specific context; and what the resultant performance effect would be.

Just a thought

Garrison