[LLVMdev] Large integers as first-class values

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:38:44 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM, me22 <me22.ca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe it would be worth adding "iInf" to LLVM to use all the
> pre-existing optimizations, then have passes to lower it to GMP or
> other implementations...

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think that would be
useful. There are applications where a dependency on GMP is okay, but
not across the board for a core language feature. I think I'm just
going to have to bite the bullet and go ahead and implement arbitrary
precision integers as part of my standard library.