[LLVMdev] lli --force-interpreter does not find external function

Sebastian Schlunke schlunki at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 26 04:26:43 PST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run a LLVM-Bytecode-file in the interpreter (lli --force-interpreter), but i'm getting the following error-message:

LLVM ERROR: Tried to execute an unknown external function: i8* (i32)* malloc

My program is calling malloc. If I omit --force-interpreter everything runs as expected. Compiling to Assembler also works without problems. I have compiled LLVM with --enable-libffi. What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,
Sebastian