[LLVMdev] Programmatic compilation of C++ file into bitcode

Trevor Harmon Trevor.W.Harmon at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 25 14:28:51 PST 2010

On Feb 25, 2010, at 11:16 AM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> Is there perhaps some structured mechanism for retrieving the output
> of an LLVM pass? That is, something better than just parsing the
> output of "opt"...

On rereading the opt documentation, I see:

"In a few cases, it will ... generate a file with the analysis output,
which is usually done when the output is meant for another program."

I suppose the format of this file is totally dependent on the
analyzer, but what about the location of the file? Is there some
convention on where analyzers send their output? Otherwise I'm not
sure how the other program can find the output, unless of course the
analyzer simply dumps the file to a hard-coded location (/tmp?).

Trevor