[LLVMdev] using bugpoint to find miscompilation/code generation problems?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Feb 18 08:05:14 PST 2010

Hi David,

> Yes, its what I want, but I can't figure out how to get bugpoint to
> accomplish this.

ah, I thought that was you describing what you had achieved!  There
are basically two cases: (1) you have unoptimized bitcode which works,
but the optimizers turn it into something that doesn't work (or the
optimizers crash).  Try:
   bugpoint -std-compile-opts unoptimized.bc
Otherwise (2) you have some bitcode that is correct, but the code
generators are doing something wrong with it (eg: crashing).  Try
   bugpoint -run-llc file.bc

Ciao,

Duncan.